Home Forums Questions French Breads…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  University of Bread 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rodrod

Hi Jim!

Firstly, I want to thank you for inspiring a newfound passion and respect I now have for baking that was inhibited in the past by a lack of a “stand mixer with dough hook attachment” and non-existent kneading skills!

One question that popped into mind as I’ve recently started exploring bread making is, have you experimented in making any French style breads? Namely ones that call for milk and/or eggs?

I understand that your bread making is rooted in your experiences in Italy, but I was wondering if you’ve dabbled with these types of breads. Can the no-knead method be applied in making brioche or croissants? I think I’m more worried with how eggs or milk would turn out in the overnight fermentation. If so, do you have any suggestions on how to approach this (or any specifics to pay attention to) as I embark in experimental French bread making at home?

Thanks!

-rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks for writing. Jim is actually playing with the concept of a no-knead enriched dough now. We’ll let you know how it goes.

Talk soon!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.