Home Forums Questions Dough Difference

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ralph 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ralph

How would you characterize the difference in pizza dough in My Bread vs My Pizza?

blindner

I find the dough in My Pizza to be more difficult to work with and it certainly takes much longer to rise. I would like to try the Pizza dough from My Bread and bake it as outlined in My Pizza. Has anybody tried this yet? blindner

nickd

In my experience the my bread version is firmer/ crustier, and the my pizza version is thin and sturdy for the toppings but nice and puffy around the edges. I love them both, but they’re slightly different beasts. Im no sure how the my bread dough would do with the my pizza technique. You might need to adjust for different cooking times, etc.

Hi Ralph,

The difference in the pizza dough in My Bread and My Pizza is that in My Bread, the dough is less wet and there’s less fermentation. The dough in My Pizza is also a bit saltier and has less yeast in it. Please let us know how your pizza making is going. And send along your pizza pics!

Ralph

Thanks for all the input and feedback – much appreciated. I recently tried the My Pizza version and discovered a couple of things: 1)you need to keep the Broil setting on High (as opposed to low on my oven) and that anything farther than 4 inches increases the cooking time considerably. 2) the crust in My Bread is very firm and crusty while I found the My Pizza with a great puffy edge but the base/body was a bit soft…..softer than I generally like as I prefer, what I believe is the crustier “Roman style”, on the other hand I’m wondering if perhaps I didn’t just undercook the pie. MMMMM, if only I could combine the edge of My Pizza with the crisp, firm base of My Bread????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.